This checklist covers everything in the "Data Management" section of the left hand menu; publisher merging, tagging & groups, events, and targets.
Merging a publisher will affect how that publisher appears for everyone in the organization. Only Admins can make edits in publisher merging.
- In Publisher Merging, open a merged publisher by clicking on “View Details.
- On the Homepage find a publisher with the merged icon (links) and click in to deeper data. On the overview page for the merged publisher, you can see one publisher’s performance across your entire portfolio.
Tagging & Groups
Any publisher classifications, groups or tags are applied across the organization and brands– do not make edits that you don’t have permission to or undo any changes before leaving the area.
- Click on the Brands tab to view the brand tagging & groups page.
- Click on the Publisher tab to view the publisher tagging and groups page. Publishers can be assigned a publisher classification from the drop down, added to any group, or tagged with any text.
- If you have Publisher Classifications, Groups or Tags assigned to publishers, go to Reports and create a report with one of those as the Category.
Events (Placement & Promo Tracking)
For the purpose of testing Events, you can create a test event or three – they should be deleted afterwards.
- Click on the Events feature and create a couple of test events, look at the different fields that can be filled in.
- Go to Reports and create a “Special Report”, select either an Events Table or an Events Timeline, change the data fields, filters, and date range to show the test events you created
For the purpose of testing Targets, you can create test targets – they should be deleted afterwards.
- Click on the Targets link and create a couple of test targets.
- Go to Reports and create a table that includes the metric variants “Target” and “Target %”. Select the appropriate categories, metrics, filters, and date range to show the test targets you created